I am not a believer that Valentines Day should be all about the woman. I think it should be mutual. And personally, I love showering my s.o with gifts and love all year long, but putting together some red & heart shaped makes it that much more fun!
But I also find it a challenge to find the perfect gifts and make him feel special. I know I’m not the only one right ?
That’s why I put together this fun little gift guide. Some of these I have tried myself, and others I have saved for in the future! I would LOVE for you to add to my ideas, and share any special things that you’ve come up with too! It doesn’t take spending lots of money or going over budget to show him you care either, it’s always the thought that counts!
1. Love notes– Everyone likes hearing how much they are loved. In the past, I have filled the bathroom up with post it’s in the shape of a heart, with cute sayings. That way first thing in the morning, he walks into the bathroom, turns on the light, and he’s already feeling the love.
You can stick them all around his car, or hide them in his briefcase. Where ever you hide them, he will definitely appreciate the little reminders of how much you love him!
2. 5 Senses Gift- This is the one I put together this year. You get 5 bags or boxes, and you put together a gift for each of the 5 senses, sight, smell, taste, touch, and hear. You can make this very intimate or you can treat your man to his 5 favorite things. For example, some candles for smell or his favorite cologne, a romantic CD for hear, lingerie for sight, massage oil for touch, and some of his favorite desserts for taste!
3. Liquor basket – Some of my favorite gifts are the ones that have a theme. My S.O loves Jack Daniels and Coca Cola, so I put together a basket full of mini Jack Daniel’s bottles and Coca Cola bottles and a pair of nice glasses and some other things that went a long with the theme.
4. Valentines Day Breakfast- I’ve always been told a way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. Whip together some heart shaped pancakes or cinnamon rolls to hit that sweet spot first thing in the morning. Or give him a bouquet full of bacon roses ! Recipes are linked!
5. A timeless gift- Every man loves a new watch. Some of the best gifts truly come in the smallest packages. If you’re truly wanting girlfriend points and would rather buy something nice this will set him back in timeless love for sure. Put a little love note in the box and viola! He’s got the perfect gift that keeps on giving.
6. A picture is worth a thousand words- Fill the room with balloons and ties pictures to the ends of some of your favorite memories together. It’s a sweet and simple gift that will remind you of all the time you’ve shared together!
7. Letters to open- There’s a time and place to open everything. Give him a little reminder of you when he’s in need of it. You can be fun and creative with “when” you want him to open a letter ￼ think of al the scenarios a letter would be necessary. Have some humorous ones, serious ones, cheesy, lovey dovey, spice it up!
8. Shoe surprise- So he has a big shoes collection but not a pair from you? Surprise him with new ones or another and add a cute quote to complete the box of love. Don’t forget to write on the lid, that’s half the gift and half the humor!
9. Ticket stub Memory Jar- This is absolutely perfect for anyone who knows as a fact that there’s a future between the two of you. You can save any pictures or tickets from any event and one day you open the box up. When that day comes, you reflect on everything you two have done and will have a ball seeing what you’ve done.
10. Customized engraved gifts- Whether I be cuff links, a money clip, or a beer mug, every one loves something is made just for them!