If you’re like most couples, you are always trying to find ways to save money while not sacrificing date night. And with Valentines Day coming up, I have put together a few of my favorite date night ideas for those of us who are trying to save a few bucks.It is marketed as a spend, spend, spend holiday to show your affection. But you don’t have to go broke to celebrate Valentines Day!
If you’re like me than you think that you should always find the time to show your love to your special someone, not just on a special holiday. So these date night ideas are perfect all year-long for whenever you feel like you and your significant other need a little quality time together.
So, here is my list of 10 cheap date night ideas that will have any couple forgetting their budget!
- Enjoy a night under the stars Fill up a kiddie pool with blankets and pillows. No itchy grass or bugs to ruin the mood.
- Movie night at home! Grab some popcorn, order in some pizza, and put on a movie you’ve both been dying to see. Pick up a red box, or if you already have Netflix, this could cost close to nothing! You can make this even better with at home fort, it will have you feeling like kids again!
- Cook dinner together at home – If you’re looking for a way to spend time together, this is a perfect option, that will allow you guys to get playful and have fun in the kitchen together!
- Walk in the park- this a great free option that will allow you to connect and talk without the interruption of technology
- Wine & Cheese tasting- This can be done at home or out at a local restaurant. You may want to check Groupon if you are looking for a date night out on the town. Or if you’re looking for the lowest price possible, grab a few 5$ bottles of wine, a few cheeses, and enjoy a night at home. Best part is you may have left overs for future date nights.
- Candle lit massage- I always LOVE doing this. Obviously, we are not professionals, but it’s the thought that counts plus the physical touch is great for any date night. Don’t forget to put on some romantic music, dim the lights and light some candles for that extra special touch! It’s heavenly.
- Game night- If you have board games then pull them out! This option is a great way to have some flirty fun with your spouse and why not add a bet like ” winner gets a massage” to spice up the fun!
- Chocolate fondue at home- Melt down some chocolate at home in your crock pot, gram some fresh fruit, pretzels, and marshmallows and enjoy your own fondue dinner party in the comfort of your home!
- 5$ Gifts- While funds might be limited, you can probably spare $10 on date night. Each of you get a $5 dollar bill and hit the dollar store. Spend 10-20 minutes looking for a special gift for your spouse. Take the gifts home and wrap them up, even newspaper will work great, and exchange. Explain why you bought what you bought.
- Picnic in the park- It might be a little chilly in some areas for this, but take advantage if you’re in a warm climate. Grab some blankets, some sandwiches, and enjoy yourselves!
Making your loved one feel special doesn’t have to break the bank! I hope you try some of these ideas out next time you’re planning date night! I’d love to hear your creative cheap date night ideas! Weigh in with ways to keep love alive while you save money in the comments.